Sunday, November 25, 2007

Good Question...

So today at church we were asked to name one thing that we have learned this year so far. I like this question because it forces me to reflect (something that I try to refrain from doing usually). I don't like this question because me being the indecisive person that I am, it is usually quite difficult to pick one of anything.

BUT, this time it was not hard AT ALL. I knew exactly what it was because the Lord has been working on teaching me this for a while.

I am learning WHY we go through trials? tough times? lonely times? Faith. The answer is one word, but with so much meaning. In order for others to see my faith and in order for me to have confidence in my faith, I must go through a time when I need that faith...when all I have is that faith. I finally see, that is how we find joy through struggles...we get to SEE our faith come ALIVE. We get to see the unwaivering strength that it supplies.

So if you, like me sometimes, have nights of loneliness, pain, uncertainty, anger, and sadness just remember THOSE are the times we get to see, feel, and have confidence in the Faith and Spirit inside of us.

~Rebekah
One of my new fav's: Proverbs 10:19

No comments: