Monday, April 14, 2008

life lessons...




As life goes on, lessons will come as well. I have learned that God's timing is perfect and that He knows exactly what we need to learn and when we need to learn it (even if we don't always agree with His choosing of those times). I went to Passion 08 and to a new church in Atlanta this weekend. I learned a few very important life lessons...meaning things I will need to remember for the rest of my days.



  1. People should not only be known as Church goers, but as people Consumed by the Holy Spirit. There should be a drastic difference in our lives...we are going from death to LIFE!

  2. We are promised two things by Jesus in John 14: In this world we WILL have troublesome times AND God has overcome those troubles. When in those hard times, keep your eyes on the cross because that is the best example of a troublesome time being used to become the most glorious of times!! I do not think I have experienced a truly troublesome time -of course growing up I thought I experienced one every week :0) . This allowed me to feel at peace and somewhat warned before those times come.
  3. Beware of my mouth (James 4). Our mouths are referred to as "a spark that can start a wildfire". We must realize that those short, sharp comments can have Huge and unrepairable damages. This made me reflect on conversations with family and students. We should all, Myself DEFINITELY included, remember that our mouths are "loaded weapons" and that we should be the responsible owner of them. One thing the preacher said when referring to James 4 was "we all have sparked a fire with words, but it's what you do afterwards that reflects your heart. Take responsibility. Say I'm sorry. And then stop talking...all those explanations just add gasoline to the fire." This sermon spoke so directly into my life, my heart, and my weakness.




*************************************************

I must add that I was able to experience this wonderful weekend with my wonderful and encouraging fiance, whom I grow to love more everyday.


No comments: