Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Sanctuary

A familiar hymn unveiled an unfamiliar feeling in me yesterday. As I was sitting in the old chapel of our church admiring the glow from the stain glass windows we began singing...

"Lord prepare me to be a Sanctuary
Pure and Holy
Tried and True
and with Thanksgiving I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You."

The word "prepare" brought my heart and mind to a standstill. So often we forget that this life is to prepare us for a Kingdom and a King not of this world. Sometimes I feel like I am sitting on the fencepost enjoying the ride and not pressing on to find more in areas of my life and become more in the areas of my being. That push, that strive is what I consider God's preparation for whatever is to come. By pushing me to go deeper I am able to look forward to where He will send me and what He will ask of me. When I have these intimate moments with my Creator, I find myself falling even more in love with Him and my desire grows to be a pure and holy sanctuary for the Holy Spirit to live.

No comments: