Monday, December 15, 2008

One month...where is God 'settling' us?





Question asked by my husband this past week: "What is God teaching you?" This is a question I don't ask myself enough and I would ask you to consider your answer as you read.
1 Peter 5: 8-11 says "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen."
This verse pretty much sums up what I'm learning. When you feel the devil may be "seeking" you out, stand firm and "resist him". And know that it will be really hard and sometimes sad when you are fighting, but know that there are others who are going through the same or even worse "sufferings". Call on the name of Jesus to save you. "After" the suffering, God will "settle" you. I love that word, settle. I feel like that is what so many people are running after: a settled heart and soul; to be at peace with who they are and where they are. God is bringing me to this place; where just because I don't know exactly what He has in store for me, I'm okay with that. I'm more than okay, I'm excited to see His plans!

More than anything, we are excited that we get to explore the future together. We are so happy and feel blessed to spend the next few months with family and friends in South Carolina. So Move #2, here we come!! :)

2 comments:

Kathy Henson said...

So, does one of those presents by that tree have my name on it? :)
-Kathy

Rebekah said...

Of course! We could never leave out our Kathia! :)