Sunday, November 9, 2008

Links to Literacy



In college, I learned the best way for a child to learn is by connecting to the material. I too, am the same way, I learn life lessons by having deep connections to literacy around me. The past week there have been two quotes that have touched my soul. I'd like to share these in hopes that they will also impact someone that may be needing them. The first quote is from a book I'm reading, The Shack by: Paul Young. (Mackenzie is a man whose daughter has been murdered, Sarayu is the Holy Spirit, and Papa represents God) Through reading this section...it was as if God stopped and put my name in place of Mackenzie's. It was a very powerful experience for me....especially the last half. May you also know that in order to trust God, we must acknowledge and believe He loves us.

"Papa said 'If you knew I was good and that everything-the means, the ends, and all the processes of individual lives-is all covered by my goodness, then while you might not always understand what I am doing, you would trust me. But you don't.' 'I don't?' asked Mack, but it was not really a question. It was a statement of fact and he knew it. Sarayu spoke 'Mackenzie, you cannot produce trust just like you cannot 'do' humility. It either is or is not. Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved. Because you do not know that I love you, you cannot trust me.' Again there was silence, and finally Mack looked up at Papa and spoke. 'I don't know how to change that.' 'You can't, not alone. But together we will watch that change take place. For now I just want you to be with me and discover that our relationship is not about performance or you having to please me. I'm not a bully, not some self-centered demanding little deity insisting on my own way. I am good, and I desire only what is best for you. You cannot find that through guilt or condemnation or coercion, only through a relationship of love. And I do love you."


The second quote came from a song that I have heard a couple hundred times, but for the place I'm at now, it really hit home. This song is called Praise you in the Storm by: Casting Crowns.

"My strength is almost gone how can I carry on if I can't find You and as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you"and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away. And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm."


I hope that no matter where you are in your life, you are allowing God to speak through the songs and literacy around you. He is a creative and beautiful God!

Love you all, Rebekah

No comments: