Sunday, November 30, 2008

Look on the bright side!

As my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, came and passed I focused on all the many blessings around me. Justin and I were on our honeymoon and sat around our dinner table and shared the things we were thankful for. Usually during this time you try to not focus on the tough stuff in our world. Justin and I personally have tried to be positive because honestly we can't stand complainers that don't see there blessings around them.

Anyway, my dear friend, Sarah sent me this Thanksgiving message and I thought it really shinned a new light on the way we should all handle "negative" circumstances.

BE THANKFUL
"Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to? Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn. Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow. Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement. Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character. Be thankful for your mistakes.They will teach you valuable lessons. Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made a difference. It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the set backs. Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings."~Author Unknown~


I am so thankful for my new family that I have with Justin and my dear family back in South Carolina that has walked and sometimes carried me through life and continues to encourage me and spur me on to look at the positive and press on to the future that's so full of adventure and love. May God bless you all, whether you are in a moment of learning or teaching, growing or mentoring; we all should be able to find gratitude for the people and things in our lives.

Love always, Rebekah

No comments: