Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bitter-sweet


So I finally have the word to describe the adventure we're on..."bittersweet". Thanks to a dear friend from our Sunday School class that has gone through a very similar situation, I now am able to put a word to the feelings. I guess I've heard the word a thousand times, but only recently understood the feeling. We have experienced "the lasts"...for example, "the last time at church until Christmas" or "the last time a family member can call us up for last minute plans." But then we are so excited about all "the firsts"! The first move, the first job, the first home away from home.

One lesson Justin has taught me is that, it's not about me. A lot of times we all get caught up in how sad WE are, or how lonely WE are, or whatever WE feel, but recently it's in those moments that I remember...it's just not about me....it's about God or about others. God has been our Provider, Companion, Guide, and Patient Teacher. He has began to teach us a lot through our Sunday School and through experiences, that it's all about His love and how He has shown that to us. I am breathless and speechless when I consider all that He has done in us, for us, and through us!! He's totally in control and I can't think of a better place for us to be than in His will.

Please pray for:
-Safe travels.
-Baby Charlie and Anna Claire's growth and health.
-Justin's dad's safe trip home in August.
-Rebekah's job opportunities in Texas.
-Peace and comfort from God through all these changes.
-An acquaintance that recently lost one of their two twins before birth and the other is in critical condition.
-All our friends who are beginning marriage soon and those who are adding little ones to their families :)

We're three days away!!! Thank you so much for all your encouragement and prayers. Hope you each are enjoying the beautiful summer weather and the fun summer vacations!! (below is a pic from our Memorial Weekend trip to Edisto...it was BEAUTIFUL and relaxing!)


Love always,
R & J

(Romans 15:13)"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!"

2 comments:

The Leviners said...

I'll be thinking about the two of you and certainly praying for safe travels as well as the other prayer requests!
Love and Prayers,
Sam, Melissa, and Caroline Leviner

Kathy Henson said...

It is bittersweet. I love you so much and can't wait to see you again. ~Kathy