Monday, August 31, 2009

I stand AMAZED

Wow! Just one week & one day into the year of teaching and I stand amazed at what the Lord is doing and has done. It amazes me to look back at the steps it has taken us to get here. Even 3 1/2 years ago when Justin and I went on our first date after we had sworn we would ONLY remain friends after college started ;) Every little detail Our Lord thought out. I can say without a doubt that I am meant to be here at such a time as this!! Just one glance at my Art/Pictures/Note covered wall from my students, and I know God's shining already into their lives! It gives me no greater joy than to open that door and see kids waiting to get into the classroom for another Adventurous day!
One thing that it has done has confirmed even more that we should always follow the guidance of our Lord and the whispers of the Holy Spirit. Many people will try to "guide" you with their wants and opinions, but WOW is it amazing at what we would have been missing out on!

I have TONS of pictures and will upload them soon :) Justin has started his "casual status" jobs while waiting for the October start date of pilot training. He seems to really enjoy them...honestly he just doesn't like to be still, so anything that keeps him busy he enjoys! One of his jobs in on the flight line and he enjoys learning more about the airplanes he'll be flying and about the flight patterns. We actually got RAIN the other day...just for 15 minutes, but we'll take it! It even hailed! Notice the sprinkler still going :) The rain was very unexpected!

We are rejoicing and praising God for Justin's safe return from IFS! Thanks everyone so much for your cards of encouragement...they mean so much to us...they are helping make our house a home :)

Please continue to pray for:
-Both of our success and safety in our new jobs!
-My students that are going through HUGE obstacles in their lives.
-That little ache from missing home. (Praise the Lord for Skype, phones, emails, and letters!)

We will DEFINITELY be heading home for Christmas and possibly(hopefully) for a short visit in October :)
Keep in touch!

Love,
R & J

1 comment:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Did you guys here about how Christmas works??? We're so mad. PS we will keep praying for you! Keep praying for US! ;)