Wednesday, July 25, 2007


I spent the last week in Merritt, BC. It is a small town of 7,000 people and about that many horses. The town felt a lot like small towns back home except they still refuse to use the word "y'all".
I learned a lot about my life and how God can use my life while there. Before I left my mentor Mrs. Jane Poster sent me a prayer from a book she had. It said:
"Let me learn by paradox
that the way down is the way up,
that to be low is to be high,
that the broken heart is the healed heart,
that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit,
that the repenting soul is the victorious soul,
that to have nothing is to possess all,
that to bear the cross is to wear the crown,
that to give is to receive,
that the valley is the place of vision.
Let me find thy light in my darkness,
thy life in my death,
thy joy in my sorrow,
thy grace in my sin,
thy riches in my poverty
thy glory in my valley."
She asked me to think about my summer experience and write my own paradox prayer. So I gave it a shot:

My prayer:
"Let me learn by paradox
That a silent listener speaks volumes
That admitting you can’t is the first step to victory
That tears of fear is a relationship beginning
That swallowing your words is showing HIS love
That being betrayed is a lesson of what trust is
That being mislead is a lesson of what love is
That the biggest impact at home is not being there
That to be a leader means being a servant FULL of humility
That to feel worthy begins with unworthy tears
Let me find thy glory in my humility,
Thy joy in my aches
Thy guidance in my confusion
Thy comfort in my dependence
Thy love in my stillness."
I thought maybe I could encourage you to do the same. Think about where you are RIGHT NOW in your journey. What are you learning? Maybe write your own Paradox Prayer. It's amazing how God teaches us through ways the world wouldn't understand. Embrace your journey. You are special and irreplaceable...and so is your story, your life, your paradox.
I'd love to hear your prayers so feel free to share if you'd like!
All my love, Rebekah :)
See you in a WEEK!!

No comments: