Saturday, July 7, 2007

Jump of Faith


My idea of a leap of faith has changed a lot the past year. The Lord has taught me that one of the biggest leaps of faith I can take is to trust Him. The process of planning for a summer mission trip has caused me to wait and listen...two things I'm not good at.
This summer has taught me so much about loving and listening. I have always been the first to jump into a discussion and speak my opinion, but here I have learned that some of the best witnessing is showing someone love by listening.

Love is truly the answer to most of our problems:
-trouble understanding a persons personality-listen to their story and love their individuality
-have anger towards a friend-swallow your words and love, their anger and your's will fade
-want respect from others-show them respect and love as an example
-want someone to understand God's love-SHOW them!


I took a leap of faith to come here, but now I see that those small leaps we take in our journey are proceeded with many blessings from our Father. My trust and faith is so strong in Him. I have a growing love for Him and in return I can show that love to others that are desperate for unwaivering faithful love.

Please pray for:
-the people we spoke to while in Vancouver.
-the many lost children that will be at our summer camp next week.
-our interactions on Wednesday when we get to visit the Food Bank again.
-my momma because she broke a rib!

I am keeping home in my prayers. I love you all!

"Get yourself up on a high mountain, O Zion, bearer of good news, Lift up your voice mightily, O Jerusalem, bearer of good news; Lift it up, do not fear. Say to the cities of Judah, 'Here is your God!'" --Isaiah 40:9

1 comment:

Susan said...

Rebekah - I love reading your comments - they make me feel like I'm there with you. Waiting and listening for God's plan is a skill that takes practice and I think that what you and your group are doing is a good way to develop that in yourself and in the people whose lives you're touching. We miss you much - when you get back we'll have to go Swing dancing! BTW, is that you jumping off that cliff? Love, Aunt Susie