Saturday, July 14, 2007

plans change...it's life!

When we first arrived in Kelowna (Westbank), BC we had an idea in our head. We thought that we had a pretty good idea of what lied ahead of us. Surprise! Plans always change! Our supervisors have been crazy busy with a new job so our group had to become super independent. This has taught us a lot. Mostly to open our eyes and look for opportunities to serve. I have felt anger and fear with this new role of leading because I did not feel that I was ready for it. Then it hit me...the reason I felt like I couldn't do this is because I can't. I cannot lead on my own. I cannot serve on my own. I must daily spend time with the Father. Getting His wisdom, His energy, His love because without it we will fail. Leadership starts with humility; admitting you don't know the answer, but that you DO know who is the answer...Jesus.

Not knowing the future causes us to lean on the Father even more diligently. Embrace that fact!

I love you all!

"Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong!" -2 Corinthians 12:10


No comments: