Friday, June 29, 2007


A day in the garden is no new thing to many of us, but to a lady named Jasenth, it is a memory of the past and a dream for her present. She has Multiple Sclerosis. She was always able to enjoy gardening, but the past two years her illness has caused her to be put in a wheelchair.
After spending a day at her house gardening and talking I was inspired. She is such a strong woman with a heart for others. It was so hard for her to ask for help (I could see it in her eyes).
The experience was wonderful! I was able to practice my french, learn more about gardening from her, and get to know an amazing woman. Since then I have been able to spend more time getting to know her and her story.
Please pray for healing physically and peace in her heart. She is under a lot of stress now.
This truly showed me how blessed I am to be without illness. My desire is to do the most I can possibly do, with the life I have been given, just like Jasenth has done.
I miss my friends and family very much. Please pray for my focus. Love you all.
"regard one another as more important than yourselves." --Phil 2:3

2 comments:

Kathy Henson said...

So when you get back, can you help me in my yard? ;)

I hope you are having a wonderful time. We miss you so much!!! I am praying for you. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a great July 4th (even though Canadians don't celebrate our independence day!)

I love you bunches!

~Kathy

p.s. I think you meant multiple sclerosis.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found this site!

Glad to see you're doing well up North, hope to talk to you soon.