Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wow! Today was full of fun and adventure as me and the other 3 girls took on a mountain hike together.
None of us had great directional skills, but as you can tell from the picture above...we made it!God is so good and beautiful!
I love getting closer to my teammates as we work and live together. They daily are encouragements to me.
Today was a nice beautiful day off.

Yesterday we were able to help out at the Food bank in Westbank, BC.

It really rocked my world to see the many families that came.I had many wonderful conversations with the workers and families of the community.

The hearts of the workers humbled me. They get so little and are recognized so little for the constant work they do while being God's hands and feet for the weak. Their building is really small and packed full, but no matter what they always serve every Wednesday...snow, rain, or sun...they are out there ready to give of themselves selflessly.

I learned that it's not about condemning those people or trying to change them; it is about loving them and seeing them through the eyes of Christ, dieing to yourself daily.

It reminded me of in Matthew when our Lord said "what you have done to the least of these you have done for Me."

This was an unforgettable experience.


No comments: