Sunday, June 17, 2007



So I have experienced five days of British Columbia and have also experienced mulitiple emotions in those days:
sadness leaving my home
excitment leaving the country the first time
anxiety meeting my Canadian family
embarresment from my southern slang
frustration with plans changing (i'm working on this)
and many many more everyday!
The first morning here we were able to help an elderly couple move into their new home. We also assembled some furniture for them which was pretty hard considering there were NO written instuctions! We worked in their garden and I loved it! I can't imagine waking up to a mountain in your backyard everyday!
The second day was full of fun at a horse ranch. We put on an event for the "make a wish" foundation. This foundation helps children who are sick with cancer and such illnesses. The misquitos were as big as the horses on the top of this mountain!!
Today we went to church for the first time. The church that we are interning at is called the Potter's House. It met in a movie theatre which was different than what I am use to. We had a Father's Day picnic for the community afterwards and that was a blast! I mainly did face painting and break down crew. I had some wonderful conversations with many children of the community.
I love this place! The beauty takes my breath away! I can stand and look at it for hours!

Please pray for more and more opportunities to share our faith.
Love you all :)

1 comment:

Kathy Henson said...

The background in that picture looks so beautiful! I hope you are taking pictures. Love you!

~Kathy

Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God every time I remember you."