Sunday, February 24, 2008

Don't be Deceived!

Sometimes this world is so hard. It makes multiple women everyday question their value, their worth, their beauty. I had a friend who really believed that these thoughts came from God. It was His way of reminding us to stay healthy. Oh how the Deceiver loves it. To make us believe that our self worth is measured by a reflection we see. Our God, our Creator, He is the only one who can measure the thoughts and the motives of our heart. The most vulnerable part of our body is our heart and soul. We keep this protected and only open it up to a few people in this world. Do you think the Savior of this World judges your self worth on the reflection of your skin or the treasured heart and soul?

We can see His answer in the living and active Word:
Psalm 139
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


God is not speaking of just one shape of a woman, one color of a woman, one volume of a woman, or even women. He is speaking of ALL his children. Do you think the Majestic King of the Universe would make a mistake? You are his master piece.

My heart breaks because each one of us women know how it is to feel this way. But, let us not be deceived. These thoughts are not coming from our Creator who is captivated daily by us. His love is unimaginable.

Thank you for dealing with my outpour of emotions.
Love, Rebekah

Barlow Girl "Mirror"
Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Have I got it?'Cause Mirror you've always told me who I am
I'm finding it's not easy to be perfect
So sorry you won't define me
Sorry you don't own me
Who are you to tell me that I'm less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?
I don't need to listen to the list of things I should do
I won't try, I won't try
Mirror I am seeing a new reflection
I'm looking into the eyes of He who made me
And to Him I have beauty beyond compare
I know He defines me
You don't define me, you don't define me

No comments: